Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Is anyone still reading this?

Lol. New year, new start, new focus.

Isaac is now almost 2 months old and doing well. He does not give us much downtime though, as he currently refuses to sleep outside of our arms. I never realized how frustrating it would be to only have one free hand for most of the day. (Sometimes, I actually miss doing laundry!) Luckily, I am an expert at one-handed typing.

I go back to work in 2 weeks, and I'm pretty nervous. Not only will I be out of the loop on a lot of things work-related, I will also be trying to juggle household chores, baby, and not losing my mind. I think it will be nice to have a little grown-up time though. And I did pay a lot of money for my Master's degree, so I might as well use it.

That being said though, we are going to aim for having me work part-time eventually. We have a significant amount of credit card debt to pay off first, so we need to be aggressive with that. Without those payments, and without the cost of daycare, the money lost from cutting my hours would be minimal.

One of biggest problems is spending money on restaurant food instead of eating at home. Often it is just a time factor, or is due to lack of planning. The kitchen is a mess and we're starving, we don't have the right ingredients, etc. My goal for today, if little pal cooperates, is to go grocery shopping and get ingredients for quick and easy dinners. I figure if we just focus on eating at home more--almost exclusively--then we will save a lot of money that we can use elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment