Thursday, April 9, 2009

first prenatal appointment

I had my first prenatal appointment on Thursday at my doctor's office. Just bloodwork, and talking to the nurse practitioner. I tentatively approached the homebirth subject and got the idea that they are not supportive. My alternative idea, if we didn't/couldn't have a homebirth, was a waterbirth at Grant. However, none of the office's six doctors deliver at Grant or do waterbirth. Sigh. We're meeting with CHOICE on May 6th about our options with a midwife so I'll know more after that.

In the meantime I am continuing to schedule with my OB, so I scheduled an ultrasound for April 28th at 8:30. I'll be just over 9 weeks by then, so we should be able to hear the baby's heartbeat. Right now I think Tim and I and our moms are going. If anyone else is dying to go though, let me know! I can find out from the doctor if there is a limit on how many can attend.

I'm at that really awkward point where maternity clothes would be too big, but my regular pants are getting too tight. I have a select few that I can wear, and they happen to all be brown or tan, so I'm a little tired of brown this week. Old Navy makes early maternity pants that have adjustable belts on the inside, so I can probably find some things there that will get me through the next few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment