Sunday, October 25, 2009

Baby Shower!

Today was the baby shower and it was so much fun! Gwyn and Aunt Jamie did such a great job organizing everything. My mom made the cake, and a really cute centerpiece made out of bibs, onesies, and baby socks designed to look like a pot of flowers. Unfortunately I don't have pictures of either of those, but I know there are some floating around, so I will post pics from the shower when I get my hands on some.

We got nearly everything we still needed for baby. Really just missing a changing pad for the top of the dresser, a diaper pail, and some cloth diaper covers, all of which we can easily purchase on our own. He has a bed (two of them actually! a crib and a pack n play), TONS of clothes, pacifiers, bibs, blankets, hooded towels, washclothes, bottles and even medicine. I was overwhelmed by everyone's generosity. Thank you!

I took tomorrow off to recover from the long day, and to organize his stuff as much as possible. Hopefully we will get the crib put together within the next few days as well, and I can start feeling like we have a real nursery and not just a room filled with baby clothes. That should also give Payton a chance to explore the room while it is still baby-free, so she will be less interested in hanging out in there later. She is already pretty interested in all the stuffed toys we got, so I know it will be a challenge to keep such a curious pup away from all the baby stuff.

In preggo news, I *think* my iron count has improved somewhat by drinking the molasses "tea" frequently. I can't be sure until I go to my prenatal appointment on Wednesday, but I am not quite as run-down lately, and my inner eyelids are not as pale. (Apparently pale inner eyelids are an indication of low iron. If they are brighter red, you have good iron levels).

And, taking longer lunch breaks this past week seemed to help reduce my swelling. I am still having some swelling, and I don't think I will get rid of it completely until after Isaac arrives, but being able to put my feet up for an hour or so each day has definitely helped.


No comments:

Post a Comment