Friday, July 10, 2009

Miserable

I'm a sneezing, sniffling, stuffed-up mess...I even broke down and took some Sudafed (the only thing "safe" to take) but it didn't help much.

Chrissy and I went to the zoo this morning, and I could actually breathe while we were there. I guess the fresh air and the exercise helped with that. I did get some Dippin' Dots at the zoo too, which made me feel like an 8 year old at the state fair again. I always thought those were the coolest things when I was that age.

We didn't stay for too long because Kaiya was close to naptime. We visited Jeremy, who was working at the bird portion of Jungle Jack's landing. There was a teeny tiny owl that was absolutely adorable. He was probably no more than 8 inches tall. I was trying to remember the exact species, and I actually found a picture of Jeremy handling this owl during a show of some sort.

So the zoo was fun, but pretty much as soon as we got home, I went back to being miserable. I guess I should go back out and walk around again, but I can only do that for so long. It's not like I'm just going to walk around outside until bedtime--even if I did I still wouldn't be able to sleep tonight. Sigh.

I'm just hoping I can shake this congestion this weekend, because I really don't want to go back to work on Monday feeling like this...


No comments:

Post a Comment