Friday, June 26, 2009

week 18

wrapping up week 18. It was so incredibly hot out earlier this week that I spent about 5 days with a throbbing pain above one eye. Tylenol didn't do much, so I was also napping constantly, and drinking caffeinated Coke more often than I'd like. Never more than 1 or 2 per day, but pretty much every day for a week.

Wednesday night I took a 2 hour nap after work, and was really dizzy when I woke up. Tylenol, back to bed. Still really dizzy in the morning, to the point where I had to catch myself a few times to keep from falling over. I called work to tell them I wouldn't be in until 5 (I was scheduled to work night shift), made a giant fruit and juice smoothie, and took a 3 hour nap. Finally I could move around without feeling like I would pass out, so I went to work for the evening and also survived a long day there yesterday with no problems.

Luckily it has cooled down a little since then and my head has been fine. I am prone to dizziness anyhow, with my migraines, but I found out that dizziness is also a pregnancy symptom and one of the causes is lying/sleeping on your back. I try to sleep on my side, but I often end up on my back after I'm asleep. The past few nights, I've been forcing myself to stay on my side by putting a pillow behind me, and I seem to get a better nights sleep this way.

Still haven't felt little pal moving around in there, or at least not for certain. A few times I felt something briefly that was like a little tickle in my stomach...which was probably him but it was so faint and so quick that its hard to say. Most people feel some kicks by 20 weeks, so I should start feeling something within the next week or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment