Monday, June 1, 2009

lack of sleep

I haven't been sleeping well the last few days, except for my random 2 and 3 hour naps on Saturday and Sunday. Tim and I switched sides of the bed since I was getting up so many times in the middle of the night, so now I am closer to the door.

We have since found out that Payton snuggles Tim to death not because she likes him, but rather because she likes that side of the bed. We have a king bed that is made by connecting two twins. There is a foam strip down the middle that connects the two mattresses, which also leaves a small ridge. She doesn't like sleeping on that ridge, so it ends up being Payton and one of us in one twin bed, and the other of us in the other twin bed. So I've been getting squashed and crowded out of the bed by a 100-lb bloodhound for the past few nights.

Our mattresses are pretty old anyhow, so that in itself could be contributing. If there was ever a time that I need a restful nights sleep, its now, so I think we're going to try to get a new mattress set soon. Hopefully if we get a real king mattress, Payton might sleep across the middle of the bed instead of in my lap.

More progress pics to come soon, hopefully tonight. And Friday is our ultrasound! Keep your fingers crossed that baby bird cooperates and hopefully we will find out if its a boy or a girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment